With a growing number of people living in cities, providing fresh food where space is at a premium seems a real challenge. Can you imagine growing tomatoes on Fifth Avenue in New York? We can and we did it. To demonstrate that the countryside of the future is in the city vine tomatoes were produced in a module not much larger than a 40 ft shipping container for six months right in the middle of New York.
The grow module showed how indoor farming can benefit cities throughout the world through nutritious, pesticide-free, fresh food produced in densely populated areas.
The benefits of indoor farming
Growing plants indoors means taking control of all elements of food production resulting in:
- low environmental impact on water and land resources
- reduction of carbon emissions associated with long-distance transportation
- a stable and reliable food chain
Download our e-book on indoor farming
Growing plants in an indoor facility has a lot of advantages. But managing all aspects of your indoor farming can be quite a challenge. This e-book will outline:
- how to yield optimal results
- how to control every aspect of the growing operation
- the best solutions for indoor growing
- the different levels of control needed for precision growing
The e-book combines more than 60 years of Priva experience in water, climate, cultivation and labour management to help you to realize your indoor growing ambitions in a sustainable way.
Fill out your details in the form and we will email it to you free of charge. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.