Sound like an employer you want to be a part of? Then continue reading!
The HVAC Controls Engineer/Designer will work with our partner network, sales staff, project managers, and technicians in North America and support them in engineering/designing of control equipment for Building Automation Systems.
- Engineer hardware, sequences, creating control drawings, valve sizing, control device selection, damper sizing and schedules, as-built details.
- Communicate technical concepts/solutions to internal and external customers.
- Review job contract plans, scope and specifications, survey information, sales sketches, estimates and take-off sheets.
- Prepare submittals per engineering standards, ensuring commitment dates are met.
- Review submittals with sales and delivery teams and lead team to obtain hardware submittal approval.
- Support the Priva Partner Network, Sales, Project Managers, and Field Technicians.
- Ability to engineer small projects by completing hardware installation drawings.
- Must have the ability to multi task and produce desired results in a deadline driven environment.
- Work effectively and efficiently in a team environment. Work with field Technicians,
- Have the technical presentation skills to demonstrate the Priva Building Intelligence products.
- This position will require travel across North America.
- 5 years of application engineering experience in designing HVAC systems and/or environmental control systems.
- Possess high level skills for HVAC system.
- Experience using Autocad
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface effectively with partners and end users.
- The ability to work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Experience in assisting sales in applying technical solutions.
- A comprehensive understanding of mechanical and electrical systems, BAS systems applications, sales support, and customers and field personnel needs.
- Knowledge of the BACnet protocol.
- Experience in programming and commissioning HVAC control systems is an asset.
- The ability to communicate in French is an asset.
We offer a competitive salary, pension plan and health benefits. Extensive travel within North America is a requirement.